Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sausage making!

Alright well... I lost all the pictures from the sausage making, which is good because it didn't go that well. The manual sausage grinder I bought for $15 was basically useless for grinding anything. So then I went out to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a real meat grinder, the Waring Pro something something something. $99 with 20% off coupon. Bought it, got it home, and ground the pork that I had cubed up the night before. BTW I made 10 pounds for my first try. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, it was WAYYYYYYY too much--I have a giant stainless steel stock pot that was half full of ground pork! Anyway, my dutiful girlfriend the Caustic Critic helped me stuff maybe 1/4 of it into casings before we realized that it was far too much work, so I am going to get a sausage stuffer before I attempt another round of sausages that involve casings. Anyway, just wanted to update you, not to sure what's coming up but my mom's birthday is August 21st and I am doing all the meat. I think I am going to smoke/cook most of the meat down here, vacuum seal it and then just heat it on the grill there. Anywho I am calling it a night. I gotta go put the last of my sausage with some pasta sauce in the slowcooker so I can have it for lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment